New Birth in Jesus Christ and Water Baptism Questionnaire
Instructions: This questionnaire is to be filled out in as much detail or as brief as you feel led of the Holy Spirit. It has been mirrored to the “New Birth in Jesus Christ & Water Baptism Certificate” document so that it can be answered and followed with as much ease as possible. This questionnaire IS NOT to be turned in but its intent and purpose is to bring the candidate for baptism to as full of an understanding of the new birth in Jesus Christ and water baptism as may be possible for a new convert to the body of Jesus Christ. The New Birth in Jesus Christ & Water Baptism Certificate will and MUST be signed and turned in to “turnifyouwill” ministries for the baptism ceremony to be conducted. A copy will be given to the candidate and a copy will be retained by the ministry for records. All scripture in this questionnaire and the Baptism certificate are from the King James Bible. It is recommended that you use the bible translation of your choice and preference. It is further recommended that these questions be answered in a separate note book or journal. May the Holy Spirit grant you understanding of the material set before you!
- Baptism section
- In Luke 3:1-22, in vs. 3 what was John preaching about while in the wilderness?
1) Explain what the baptism of repentance is.
- In Luke 3:1-22, in vs. 15
1) Who did the people think John the Baptist was?
2) And in your own words why would they think he was this man?
3) From vs. 16 I am able to explain to myself what it means to be water baptized.
- In Luke 3:1-22, in vs. 16 John makes the statement that he will baptize the people with water but Jesus Christ will baptize the people with the Holy Ghost and with fire.
1) At this point in my walk with Jesus am I ready to let the Lord Jesus Christ baptize me with the Holy Ghost and with fire?
- In your own words explain what the baptism of fire is.
- I Peter 5:8-11 and II Timothy 3:10-12: As a believer in Jesus the scriptures make it clear that those that walk according to the will of God will have suffering in their lives.
1) Describe in your own words any suffering that you have encountered thus far in your walk.
2) In the passage of II Timothy 3:10-12 the Apostle Paul gives us a hint of the outcome of suffering for awhile, what are they?
□ I understand the five baptisms from above and I understand each as a distinctive attribute in the nature of Jesus Christ and I endeavor to walk in them daily. Further searching on my part may be required to come to a full understanding of the five baptisms.
- Basic Scripture section
- In II Peter chapter 1 what was the origin of prophecy in old time?
- In John 1:6-13, specifically from vs. 13 in your own words describe what is meant by the following statements:
1) Which were born not of blood?
2) Nor of the will of the flesh?
3) Nor of the will of man?
4) But were born of God!
- In John 3:1-21, explain what is meant by the following:
1) “He cannot see the kingdome of God”
2) “He cannot enter the kingdome of God”
3) And in your own words expand on the statement from vs. 12 “If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things”?
- In I John 5:1-13, from vs. 7 John writes about the record (in heaven) being the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. Then in vs. 8 he writes about the witness (in earth) being the spirit, and the water, and the blood.
1) In your own words explain the significant of these two verses.
2) Read Hebrews chapter 9 for insight on I John 5:1-13 and explain in your own words the difference between the earthly sanctuary and the heavenly sanctuary.
- In Ephesians 1:3-14, what is meant by the statements:
1) Redemption through his blood
2) Forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his grace
3) From vs. 9 what is the mystery of his will (hint see vs.10)?
4) From vs. 13 what did Jesus use as a seal for salvation that is extended to all that desire salvation in Jesus Christ?
- In Revelation 21:27:
1) What is the name of the book that people must be listed in to enter in the kingdom of God?
2) What are some disqualifications for being listed in this book that are found in this scripture?
□ I understand the scriptures from above. I have an understanding of (the record of the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost) and also of (the witness of the spirit, the water and the blood). I will strive to let God write his laws on my new heart as in Ezekiel 18:30-32; Romans 2:25-29; II Corinthians 3:1-6 and Zechariah 3:1-7.
In your own words explain the theme of the following scriptures: Ezekiel 18:30-32; Romans 2:25-29; II Corinthians 3:1-6 and Zechariah 3:1-7.
III. Water baptism section
- In Matthew 28:19-20:
1) Who is speaking and what message is he trying to convey to his disciples?
- In Acts 2:38:
1) Who is speaking and explain how he followed the instructions from Matthew 28:19-20?
□ I am ready to be water baptized and I will follow Jesus Christ as my Lord and my example to walk as He walked and to live as He lived and that sin has been defeated by the blood of Jesus: “I AM AN OVERCOMER!” I have been borne again and I am a child of God!!!